We are launching a design competition for year 12 and first year FE students to design a microsite for the Make Happen website. The microsite will focus on young people and the information they need to achieve their aims and make choices. The competition is designed to give students a voice in what they want to see on websites aimed at them, as well as giving them some unique skills and experiences in website design, marketing, and content creation for their CVs.
So what is it?
- The competition is open to Year 12 or 1st Year FE students
- Teams of 3 to 5 students
- Aimed at students considering university or a Degree Apprenticeship in Computing, Digital Media, Creative Digital Arts or Marketing who would benefit most from this competition, but students do not have to study a specific subject to be involved
- The competition will give students experience and skills to support their personal statements and develop their curriculum vitae
The competition is split into two stages:
Part #1 Student teams need to submit their ideas for the microsite by 28th April 2023:
- Create a storyboard showcasing ideas
- Up to five teams will be selected for the second stage of the competition
Part #2 The finalists will take part in a three day event (13th – 15th June)
- Work with Hughes & Co (our website designers) to gain real industry insight
- A trip to a London advertising agency
- Design and present their final pitch to win the competition
The winning team will have their ideas incorporated into the new Make Happen microsite and win £1000 for their school or college to spent on IT equipment.