Help your students to discover careers in sustainable industries and job roles. Open to students in years 10-13 (or equivalent FE years)
We are running a special event for students in years 10-13 on Friday 7 July at the Anglia Ruskin University campus in Chelmsford with a focus on sustainability and related careers.
The day will provide an insight into the range of careers that contribute to tackling the issues of climate & environmental change and creating a more sustainable future, and the possible routes into some of these careers.
We’ve brought together both academics and industry professionals to provide an exciting range of sessions. Each group of students will be able to take part in three sessions from the list at the bottom of this page, with topics ranging from biodiversity to engineering, agriculture, and design.
- Available to schools within Essex
- Up to 30 places available per school/college
- Open to students in years 10-13
- At least 80% of students should be from either a UniConnect postcode or any of the following underrepresented groups in HE:
- Refugees and asylum seekers
- Gypsy, Traveller, Roma, Showmen and Boatmen communities
- Care experienced students
- Service children
- Schools will need to organise transport to and from the venue, with agreed travel costs reimbursed by Make Happen.
- Students and staff will need to provide their own lunch
- Students will be asked to complete a post-event survey
9:30am – Arrival and welcome
10:25am – Session 1 (choose from options below)
11:35am – Session 2 (choose from options below)
12:35pm – Lunch
1:15pm – Session 3 (choose from options below)
2:20pm – Plenary and evaluation
2:45pm – Depart
If you have any further questions about the day, please contact your Make Happen Officer, or Jen Allerton
Read on for full details of the sessions on offer!