The University of Essex has been looking for ways to help students bounce back from being in home-schooling mode and isolation – so if you’re a student in Year 10 or 11, you’re invited to join the University’s online community of young people for their further studies preparation programme.
It’s made up of six exciting topics to give you the confidence boost you need to succeed. Topics include:
- Guidance on the transition from school to sixth form/college
- Communication and socialising skills
- How to study and revise independently
- Planning for your future and employability tips
- Finance and budgeting help
- Useful life skills for now and in the future
Sign-up for the FREE course in a few simple steps:
- Register with ‘Open Essex’. Follow the step-by-step instructions and remember to write your username and password somewhere safe!
- Check your inbox. Authorise your Open Essex account using the link provided in the sign-up email.
- Enrol on the Further Studies Preparation Programme.Log into Open Essex and press ‘enrol me’.
- You’re ready to roll! Work your way through each module in your own time. Once you’ve completed all six, you’ll have access to a downloadable certificate of achievement!
This course is an optional but extremely useful (and fun) extracurricular activity – there’s no pressure, no tests, just tons of tips to help you on your educational journey.
If you’re looking to prepare yourself for Higher Education but you’re not in Year 10 or 11, why not try out the University Preparation Programme which covers topics like revision skills, independent learning, how to apply for university, student finance as well as how to write a stand out personal statement.
If you have any problems accessing the course, please email the University of Essex team at firstname.lastname@example.org