Teaching and non-teaching school staff are invited to join a FREE webinar about degree apprenticeships, hosted by the Southern Universities Network on Thursday 25 March 2021, 4-5pm.
Presented by Dale Willis from My Great First Job, the webinar is perfect for teaching and non-teaching staff alike to attend, including pastoral professionals and members of the SLT. You are also welcome to sign up if you work in a higher education or university team or similar, however, the session will be most suitable for those working in schools or colleges.
The webinar will cover
- How degree apprenticeships work….and there’s more than one type!
- Where to find opportunities
- When young people should be applying
- What an application process can look like
- How the student loan/maintenance/salary all works
Key objectives and outcomes
- Attendees will have a greater understanding of degree apprenticeships
- Attendees will know how to find degree apprenticeship opportunities
- Attendees will be able to have discussions with young people about degree apprenticeships
About the presenter
Dale Willis has over 30 years’ experience in the youth employment field and is the founder of My Great First Job. My Great First Job is a social enterprise that helps young people navigate their journey from education to employment. During lockdowns, over 1,000 young people have engaged with My Great First Job’s hugely popular series of Monday night careers webinars. See more about My Great First Job on Instagram.