Date: Wednesday 14 September 2022
Where: Online via Zoom
Book your place here
The Careers & Enterprise Company is funding a great CPD opportunity with Basildon Council and the AIM Group, targeted at teachers, tutors, SENCos, and career professionals who are working with KS5 students, taking place on Wednesday 14 September 2022 5-6pm via Zoom.
The event, titled “Innovative ways to bring technical education and apprenticeship opportunities within STEM and the construction sector into your lessons” is aimed at exploring the interesting ways to introduce apprenticeship opportunities to students during lessons.
Organisers say: “This is important now because there is a major STEM and construction skills shortage across Essex, so addressing this issue must start by inspiring the future generation of school leavers. The construction sector is focused on sustainable building, reducing carbon footprint and leaving a legacy for future generations. The sector is much more than bricks and mortar! Architects, ecologists, surveyors, bid-writers, archaeologists, site managers, landscapers, project managers, robotics scientists, geo-technology engineers, urban planning, interior designers and many other professions! There are a range of subject areas that can be linked to careers in the industry, such as History, Art, Maths and IT, English, Geography and more!”
What will it cover?
This seminar will help you gain an in-depth understanding of:
- Apprenticeships and technical education pathways available in Essex
- Higher and Degree Apprenticeship opportunities and entry requirements
- Advice from Essex employers on applying for construction-based apprenticeships
- Labour market information highlighting the upcoming major construction projects and predicted skills shortage for the construction industry
- An insight into a range of construction related roles
- Links between key subjects and future careers in the construction industry
- Q&As – an experienced panel will be available to answer your questions
- Resources for teaching staff, tutors, Career Leaders and SENCos
This FREE seminar is on Wednesday 14 September from 5-6pm via Zoom. Demand is expected to be high, so book your place to avoid missing out!
You can also scan the QR code on the poster below.